Monday, May 5, 2008

Summer Project Season Has Begun

Two weekends ago the summer project season began. The Ranks, Hagertys, Hintzes and Olmsteds tackled the a huge project at the Olmsted Household. We basically moved 2.5 tons of lawn to a recycling place and covered with bark dust. We added a gravel walkway as well. It was fun to use the truck in a way that made it happy and get to use gasoline powered toys with our friends. Here are some more pics.

I followed up that weekend by trenching my yard for a sprinkler system. I used a trencher for the first time and it did a number on me. When I returned it I mentioned that I did not expect to get a trencher with only one driven wheel. Then the appologized for not showing me how to engage the second wheel. CRAP! Even without it I manhandled that machine and got the whole front and back yard done in less than 4 hours. I will post some pictures soon. It doesnt look like much though. It looks like we were the victims of a giant mole. I am hoping to have the whole thing done by the end of next weekend. Thats the goal anyway....we will keep you posted.

No comments: