Thursday, June 3, 2010

'I am throwing up in my bed.'


Those were the words I was greeted with when I responded to Rachel's call shortly after 11PM last night. I told her it was ok and lifted her out of her bunk bed to take her to the bathroom. She warned me she was going to throw up again and fulfilled her promise down my neck and on my sweatshirt. Nicole tended to Rachel as I cleaned up the bit that hit her carpet and hosed down Rachels 'B' in the kitchen sink. I then announced that I was going to take a shower. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I started to chuckle and continued to as I proceded to smear my daughters vomit up my face over my ear and head as I removed my NEDU Tshirt and hooded sweatshirt. It took me about 5 seconds to assess the damage before placing my hope in soap. Something about that event was slightly fulfilling.

No comments: