Monday, June 23, 2008

Mommy put me in the garbage...

Here's a conversation that Rachel started in the car the other day while Bruce, his parents, and I were driving to drop Rachel off at Kim and Kurt Olmsted's home. We were leaving her there so we could go out to a nice Italian dinner.

Rach11 - "Mommy you throw me in the garbage?"

Nicole - "What?"

Rach11 - "Mommy you throw me in the garbage? (Asking me if I'm going to put her in the garbage.)"

Nicole - "I'd never throw you in the garbage!" (I was thinking, "Where the H-LL did you get this from?")

Rach11 - "Mommy, you throw me in the garbage, and then you walk away and leave." (She says this while laughing.)

Nicole - "Honey, I'd never throw you in the garbage."

Rach11 - "Yes, and then I be sad and cry. And then I fall sleep in the garbage." (She's smiling as she says this.)

Nicole - "You're silly"

Nicole (to Bruce's mom) - "Is this normal?"

Despite this conversation, she did fine being dropped off at Kim and Kurt's. She actually walked right in, made herself at home, and waved to us as we left.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Is now too late to tell you that Kim and I played this game called, "Throw Rachel in the Garbage, Walk Away and Leave, Then Let Her Be Sad and Cry In the Garbage"?

She caught on pretty quick :)

~Kurt (the Social Worker's husband)

Erin Richer said...

VERY FUNNY! What a crazy kid!