Monday, July 7, 2008

Back Home

So since our last post we said goodbye to Bubbe, Abueluli, Grandpa, Lita, Aunt Razzi, Lonnie, Aunt Rachel, Baby Ryan, Uncle Barry, all the Gourdjis and the doctor at Urgent Care. That's right, while leaving the room for the final time, Rachel got her thumb caught in heavy room door on the side by the hinges. Oh boy did I jump when I saw that. I usually avoid trips to the doc but I didn't see how her finger could have avoided being broken. Three hours later she had championed her way through her first X-Ray while sitting on Daddy's lap. I think she was intimidated by my sexy lead vest, but she made it through. As it turns out, R-11 is made of rubber and hadn't broken her thumb. All she needed was ice and Motrin. That and a stop at In N Out Burger. Razzi has a pic of the freshly swollen thumb so I will post that as soon as I can get her to send it to me.

The final stop was a visit with my Aunt Linda and Christy. We had a blast there. Rachel particularly enjoyed playing with the choo choo train, filling Linda's waterfall with rocks, picking avacados and swimming. It was a great visit and a nice way to end our vacation.

All pics are up to date in the "San Diego Trip" slideshow.

No comments: