Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bruce's Weekend Away

Mosaic had a men's retreat this weekend and I went with my buddies Pat and Sam. We met a bunch of cool guys and got to make fire, ride bikes, kayak, poop in pits, wash dishes with dirt and eat lots of great food. I also got a chance to outfit the golden rod (my 1999 Honda Accord) with tons of gear: 3 bikes, a cargo bin loaded with stuff and a Kayak. I almost made it to Bend and back on one tank of gas. I am going to be sad to let her go. Karen (my GPS/mistress) got a little confused the closer we got to this remote campground but her on board maps proved invaluable. We used them to "fine tune" her suggestions.

One thing I noticed was that on Friday night and all day saturday the outhouse had a wretched stench. However, on Sunday it was not nearly as bad. I figured out what happened. You see on Saturday evening I took on the stench of all the outhouses in the campground and set it free inside my tent around 12:00 AM. Sam and I are lucky to still be alive.

There is something very special about a men's retreat.


No comments: