Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cannon Beach with the Osborns

So today we ceremoniously said good bye to the good weather. How great it was to have a beautifully sunny day today at the coast. We played in the sand, and on the swing sets. We enjoyed some Clam Chowder at Mos and then some of Nicole's choclate chip cookes on a blanket in the grass. Kaya had a blast and the kids loved playing with her.

Rachel had an exciting experience. I knew I would remember a story that should be shared. I am sure some of you parents have theorized an emergency situation and pictured yourself with the super powers of super awareness and super speed that would allow you to jump in and thwart tragedy. Like imagining your child running into the road and you being able to hurry up and swoop your child to safety from oncoming traffic. Well Tim, Abby, Nicole and I were standing on the beach while their oldest Ethan and Max were a ways away playing together and their almost 2 year old Owen and Rachel were playing 20 feet away. We found ourselves lacking our super hero qualities when we looked over at the two of them and saw Owen holding a 5-6 inch diameter rock in throwing position looking at Rachel and standing about 2 feet from her. Tim let out a loud "No Owen!!" and it was too late. Owen let it loose and the boulder went flying. None of us could stop it. Vertically, the asteroid was lined up to hit her square in the forehead but it was off to the side just enough to miss her by an inch or two. We all looked at each other and I couldn't do anything but look up and say thank you. I think I am giving up my illusions of being a potential super hero and truly hope that the Good Lord continues to keep a look out for my kids the way I saw him do today.

Other than this event, It was a relaxing day up until the point that Tim found out he was going to have to put a talk together at the last minute for Sunday. Then things changed a little but until then it was a relaxing day in the sun. I am still in awe at the weather. Enjoy the pics.

Download

No comments: