Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Trip - Part 2 Begins Tomorrow

Well, tonight is our last night at the Hagerty home in Edinboro, PA. 

Health check:
Healthy-8
Vomiting-0

It's been a different Christmas than I ever could have imagined.  I actually spent the WHOLE day in bed with a fever, body aches and the chills.  I never did vomit thought and I'm taking that as my Christmas gift from Jesus.  

Bruce still hasn't gotten sick and I hope he won't this next week as we are heading tomorrow afternoon to my parents in NJ.  It's a six hour drive and both sets of parents are driving half way to drop us off/pick us up.  

Despite the almost daily vomiting by some member of my family here, it's been a great visit.  Rachel has really enjoyed her time with Hannah.  I look forward to seeing how Hannah, Rachel, Ben and Sarah get along as they get older.  I have a feeling they are going to continue enjoying each other more and more each year.  

As always, time with Erin is a treasure.  She loved me especially well this trip by waiting on me while I was sick, getting up in the middle of the night to take a turn with Sarah, and by making me my favorite chocolate, caramel pretzels.  

I'm continually thankful for my inlaws and feel blessed to be a Hagerty.




No comments: