Friday, December 5, 2008

Family Photos

So I am home tonight with Rachel while Nicole and Sarah spend one more night in the hospital, and thought I would take some time to add some new photos and maybe get a video of Rachel uploaded that show how much she likes her present from her big sister.

First let me say a few things.
1. Nicole is amazing. She stuck with about 3 hours of back labor before getting an epidural and then when it came time to push got Sarah out head to toe in one push. You can see the look on Abby's face in that last set of pictures which pretty much says it all. Seeing her today with both of our children reminds me of how stinkin smart I am for asking her to marry me. She is a great mom.

2. Sarah is amazing. She is already a solid feeder and takes a pacifier and is super cute even with her diaper loads of tar poopie.

3. Rachel is amazing. She took the day away from mommy and daddy with absolute ease. And when it came time for business she did her job well by welcoming every guest into the hospital room and introduced them to her "baby sister" who by the way got her a rockin present.

4. Abby Doula is amazing. Havinig her there was truly terrific. I can not speak about all Doulas, but I speak about Abby Doula. She rocked. She encouraged Nicole and was just a huge source of confidence and comfort in the delivery room. When its your turn to bring a new one into the world you should definitely give her a call.

5. Our friends and family are amazing. Special thanks to Alison Dyer who came at 3AM to sleep in our house so we could leave for the hospital, the Crawfords who watched Rachel for full day including Rachel's First Slumber party, Molly who is now 2 for 2 at Hagerty births and is organizing meals for us, Jabke who is an amazing midwife, and 85 year old Ginny across the street who let Kaya out repeatedly today even though she is undergoing cancer treatment (some people can't be stopped). Thanks to everyone who visited and showed enthusiasm by checking the blog and calling us. I do this because I particularly love my family who live across the country and know that they wish they could be here as much as much as I wish they could be here. It has been a crazy couple of days and it has been a blast to read all your comments and receive all your phone calls. Also special thanks to Colleen "good eyes" Martin!

Lastly a quote from Rachel who is currently obsessed with poopie.


"Mommy wheres your poopie, its over there in your butt. -singing- Old Macdonald had a butt and on that butt he had some poopie E I E I O. With a poopie poopie here and a poopie poopie there"..... and so on. Know that if Nicole were doing this blog that would have not been a memorable quote. However for me, it was hysterical. Note that there was no part of the quote were Mommy responds. Rachel was off playing with her new baby and talking to herself and was perfectly content to let this one evolve on its own.



A quick aside. Several times now I have had to go back and change the pronoun "she" to an actual name of someone in my immediate family. That pronoun is becoming less and less useful for me in situations where I am trying to be specific.

Download
























4 comments:

Alli Hintz said...

That family pictures is SO cute of you all...could this be your Christmas card pic?? :)

nathan said...

Amazing photos, I got to get one of those cameras that make everything so very very perfect. Love you guys and congratultions.
Nathan, Aerie, and Aryan

Viperengineer said...

Way to go Portland Hagerty's!!!

A family of four just looks right on you two as parents, and Rachel appears to be just as excited to have a little sister!

As far as singing about poopie... well I seem to remember her father would sing about odd subjects from time to time to. She just wants to be like her dad. :)

Love and Blessing to you all!
Ben

Ryan said...

Congratulations Hagertys! We're so happy for you and can't wait to meet Sarah.

-Ryan, Erin, Henry & Arthurzilla